On 21 June Ireland celebrates National Music Day with love:live music 2013 - a whole day and night of free live music events in villages, towns and cities across Ireland. love:live music is coordinated by Music Network and funded by the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht. Music Network is funded by the Arts Council. Music Generation is delighted to be involved and there are plenty of events happening in our Partnerships around the country.
- Online: Launch of the ‘Trad Generation’ Music Video. Words and music by youth rappers and GMC, music video by Limbo Productions.
- Cork Academy of Music Open Day for Love: Live Music Day 2013
- 12:30pm Dunamaise Theatre: lunchtime concert featuring students of The Music Box
- 3:30pm-5:30pm Laois Shopping Centre, Portlaoise: Try the Pipes, MG Laois in association with Na Piobairi Uilleann
- 7pm Barbican Centre, Drogheda: Let's Sing, with St Joseph's Boys' NS and Philipstown NS.
- 1pm-6pm Multiple locations in Co. Mayo: Gealóga, a new Traditional Music Ensemble under the direction of Emer Mayock formed as part of the Music Generation Mayo Musician in Residence Programme will undertake a whistle-stop tour of the county with a number of impromptu performances, indoor and outdoor in towns throughout Mayo!
- 3.30pm The Avalon Centre: Rock Music Gig followed by Try an Instrument
- 1pm Sligo VEC: Lunchtime Jazz with Music Generation Sligo, free lunchtime concert with Music Generation Sligo musicians & guests.
- 9:30am St Laurence's National School, Greystones: recorder concert for parents and the rest of the school
- 12pm and 3pm St Joseph’s NS, Glenealy , School Hall: School band concert
- 4pm Bray Town Hall: Students of Devon McGillivray perform with Redmond O’Toole
- 7pm Blessington Further Education Centre: Blessington Grupa Ceoil play music from Cape Breton with Devon McGillivray, Rory Healy and Redmond O’Toole
Something there for everyone!
For further information about love:live music see here.