The Association of Irish Choirs & Music Generation, in association with the Irish World Academy of Music & Dance, presents:
Let’s Get Singing!
A toolkit for group singing & choral practice
University of Limerick 23rd & 24th July 2012
Led by Choral Music Education Practitioner Anne Barry along with a specialist faculty, this practical two-day course is open to anyone currently working, or interested in working, with children’s and youth choirs in a range of teaching and learning environments. Come along to this ‘hands-on’ participatory course which will provide a practical toolkit of supports and resources including:
- Warm-ups and work-outs for young voices
- Approaches to teaching and learning in choral music education
- Introduction to a range of repertoire and resources
- Score preparation
- Approaches to commissioning
- Establishing your choral programme
Course Timetable: Monday 9.30 am – 8.30 pm / Tuesday 9.30 am – 6.30 pm
Developed in response to the growth in group singing across the country, this stimulating two-day course will kick-start what is intended to be a long-term initiative, aimed at:
- providing ongoing high-quality continuing professional development in choral music education
- building a professional development network for vocal ensemble leaders working with young voices
- resourcing local, regional and national networks for children’s and youth choirs.
Fee:€150 per participant (excluding accommodation and evening meal – details of campus and/or other accommodation options will be available shortly).
To book:download an application form on www.aoic.ie or contact the Association of Irish Choirs, University Concert Hall, Foundation Building, University of Limerick, Ireland. Tel: +353-61-234823 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Early booking advised - limited availability!