Music Generation and Nimbus School of Recording Arts are excited to announce a one-year scholarship opportunity (2015 - 2016) to study at the world class, state-of-the-art Nimbus School of Recording Arts
in Vancouver, Canada.
Started by renowned record producers Bob Ezrin (Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, KISS, Peter Gabriel) and GGGarth Richardson (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine, Rise Against, Biffy Clyro), Nimbus School of Recording Arts passes on the same training, skills and discipline to a new generation of media professionals as that which Bob and Garth have learned throughout their careers.
The scholarship, valued at approx. €33,000 (note 1), will provide 12 months’ free tuition plus accommodation/living costs for a student on one of a range of cutting-edge music industry programmes.
Nimbus helps students turn their passion for music into a career through offering small class-sizes, mentorship from industry experts, and hands-on training in real studios which are open 24/7. The Music Generation scholarship holder will, upon successful completion of his/her course of study, earn the professionally-recognised and highly respected Nimbus School of Recording Arts Diploma.
Who can apply?
Music Generation encourages you to apply for this opportunity if you are:
- Passionately involved in music, whether as a student, a performer, a tutor or in any other capacity
- Committed to succeeding in the competitive world of the music industry
- Highly motivated and hard working, with an open and flexible attitude
- Aged between 19 and 30 on the closing date, 30 March 2015
- An Irish Citizen and/or permanently resident in the Republic of Ireland
- Eligible for a Canadian visa and study permit (note 2)
Prior music or audio engineering/production qualifications are not required, although they may help to demonstrate your commitment.
How does it work?
The successful Music Generation/Nimbus scholarship holder will elect to attend one of the following
full- time,12-month diploma programmes at the Nimbus School of Recording Arts in Vancouver:
- Advanced Music Production
- Beats and Urban Music Production
- Live Sound and Recording
- Post and Game Audio Production
Full tuition fees will be covered in addition to accommodation, living costs and return flights.The scholarship holder will be required to meet, at his/her own expense, the Nimbus hardware/software study requirements (note 3).Supports will also be provided in making the transition to living and studying in Canada, e.g. obtaining a study permit, finding accommodation, etc (note 4).
What is the application process?
To apply, students must:
- Complete the online form at http://bit.ly/1BSmvwr giving details of their musical background, any music industry training or experience they may have had, and what they hope to achieve should they be awarded the scholarship to Nimbus.
- Upload a copy of their most recent CV.
What is the closing date?
The latest date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm on Monday, 30 March 2015.
How will the selection process work?
A shortlist of candidates will be selected by an expert panel and called for interview on a date between 13-30 April in Dublin.
To be eligible for consideration, you MUST be available for interview on the selected date (note 5).
Once shortlisted, and prior to the interview, selected candidates will be required to submit an online portfolio with examples of any audio/sound files or music production projects they have been involved in (note 6). They will also be required to supply the names and contact details of two referrees.
The name of the successful candidate will be announced in May 2015.
- Approximate scholarship value, subject to currency fluctuations.
- Citizens of the Republic of Ireland do not require a visa to study in Canada; however citizens of other countries who are resident in Ireland must be eligible for a Canadian visa. All full-time students require a study permit. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
- Approx total value €3,200. See Nimbus Admission Requirements.
- For information on studying in Canada, see http://www.educationau-incanada.ca/educationau-incanada/study-etudes/index.aspx?lang=eng
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified at least two weeks in advance and must attend for interview at their own expense. Interviews will be held in central Dublin.
- You must have had a direct and significant role in the recording and/or audio production of any digital material you provide for your portfolio. If desired, links may be provided to material already hosted on YouTube.